ESHNR 2017 – Be part of it!
Registration and Abstract Submission now open
September 28-30 | Lisbon/PT
On behalf of the European Society of Head and Neck Radiology (ESHNR), we would like to cordially invite you to participate in and support the 30th Annual Meeting and Refresher Course taking place in the city of Lisbon, Portugal from September 28-30, 2017.
The 2017 ESHNR Annual Meeting will gather renowned specialists and enthusiastic speakers in the newest clinical and research hub of Lisbon, facing the Tagus river and the beautiful tower of Belém.
This year’s meeting will focus on new MR imaging and US applications, quantitative multiparametric imaging, standardization of imaging protocols and structured radiologic reports. Acute head and neck trauma, fetal and postnatal imaging, MR neurography and the role of imaging in swallowing and sleep disorders will also be covered. Besides formal lectures, practical workshops and interactive clinical-radiological sessions will also be provided.
Do not miss the opportunity to be a part of this exciting scientific event!
1400-038, Lisbon, Portugal
Coming to the Foundation
- Coming from central Lisbon along Avenida 24 de Junho, you should follow the left lane in Alcantara, travelling on the metal overpass over the train line and then follow the railway line west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from central Lisbon along Avenida de Ceuta, you should drive straight ahead in Alcantara to cross the metal overpass above the train line and then follow the railway line west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from the Cascais line you should follow the Marginal until Alges, keeping to the right, cross above the railway line at the overpass and then follow Avenida Brasilia until the Belem Tower in order to reverse your direction back towards the Champalimaud Foundation.
- Coming from the Margem Sul, you should cross the April 25th Bridge, exiting in Alcantara. Arriving in the Alcantara market place you should continue towards the river, crossing above the railway line on the overpass, and then travel west parallel to the River Tagus, along Avenida Brasilia, passing by the Discoveries Monument and the Belem Tower.
- Coming from the CRIL, you should continue to the end (0km), exiting the roundabout in the direction of the Belem Tower. You will find the Champalimaud Foundation around 900m before the Belem Tower on the right-side.
- The Algés station is a point of confluence of several public transport and from which you can easily reach the Champalimaud Foundation. You can catch the train from Cascais line, a Carris bus (N.º 76, 723, 750 and 751) or Vimeca (N.º 001, 002, 006, 010, 012, 020, 114 and 162) that have stops at the Algés station. From this station you can take a taxi or make the journey on foot.
- From the Algés station is also possible to make the journey to the Champalimaud Foundation, on foot, in about 10 minutes. After going through the existing underpass, its 900m until you reach the entrance of the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown.
Alexandra Borges, Lisbon/PT
This comprehensive meeting welcomes general radiologists, radiology residents, specialized head and neck radiologists, all affiliated clinical and surgical specialties (ENT, maxillo-facial surgeons and dentists) as well as researchers in the area of head and neck diseases. The meeting is open both for ESHNR members and non members.
Moreover, all radiologists, residents and clinicians involved in head and neck radiology are cordially invited to enlarge the sprectrum of topics by submitting abstracts for short oral and poster presentations. You may choose from following presentation forms:
Short oral presentations
Educational poster presentations
Scientific poster presentations
An application will be made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The EACCME is an institution of the UEMS (www.uems.net).
ESHNR 2018 – Save the Dates
September 27-29, 2018 | London/UK
Next year’s ESHNR Meeting will be organised in conjunction with the British Society of Head and Neck Imaging (BSHNI) and the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology (BSDMFR). We are happy to invite you to this 31st Annual Meeting and Refresher Course taking place in the city of London, United Kingdom from September 27-29th, 2018.
The 2018 ESHNR/BSHNI/BSDMFR combined Annual meeting will gather together world renowned specialists in the field of head and neck and dental/maxillofacial radiology and I am pleased to have already had positive replies from well-known colleagues in the USA, Europe and East Asia. There is an exciting program for the 2018 meeting focusing on the latest MR imaging techniques and new CBCT/US applications. We will be running practical workshops on head and neck ultrasound and salivary intervention as well as a number of interactive educational lectures on diverse topics such as the skull base and thyroid/parathyroid regions. A number of the lectures will be combined with distinguished clinical colleagues from the allied specialities of head and neck surgery and radiation oncology with time set aside multidisciplinary discussion of difficult or controversial topics.
Imperial College London
Sherfield Building | Huxley Building
South Kensington Campus
London SW7 2AZ
Elizabeth Loney (BSHNI president 2018) | Suk Ng (BSDMFR president 2018)