Become a mentee
Interested in becoming a mentee?
- Must understand their specific needs
- May need different mentors to meet these needs
- Must be respectful with the mentor’s time
- Should aspire to make a real effort to develop, learn and grow
Questions a mentee should answer before seeking a mentor:
- What are your personal and professional achievements so far?
- What are your key strengths?
- What would you like to develop?
- What challenges are you currently facing and which short- and long-term goals do you have?
- What specific qualities or experience are you seeking in a mentor?
- Do you have time to commit to maintaining the mentor-mentee-relationship?
- Are you open to constructive feedback?
Steps to maintaining a successful mentor-mentee-relationship:
- Establish specific goals
- Set rules for accountability, confidentiality, and boundaries
- Create a workplan with timelines for short- and long-term goals
- Agree on regular virtual meetings to assess progress and provide feedback
- Be open to criticism, be respectful and listen attentively to each other
- Regularly reflect on the relationship with regard to what is working and what is not working, and which issues still have to be faced
- Seek to meet personally at ECR and ESHNR meetings, maybe also with other mentors and mentees to share ideas
Please fill in the form digitally by using the Acrobat Reader function “Fill & Sign”. To sign you can, of course, print the from, sign it, and then scan it. After filling in the form, please email it to ESHNR Office (email@example.com) with the subject “Mentee application”.